Thursday, June 25, 2015

Rumor debunked: Uber deactivating drivers for not signing up with Farmers

A rumor were posted on the Uberdrivers group on Facebook this morning alleging that Farmer Insurance agents were telling drivers that Uber was going to deactivate them if they are not covered with the new GAP policy, which was mandated by the state as of July 1, 2015.

As an iRumorMill.com Internet investigator, this caught my eye so I sent an inquiry to the Uber Partners office in Los Angeles.

This appears to be a hoax after they sent me the response below:

Thanks for writing in.
No worries, I have checked on your concern and can confirm that there will be no deactivation for drivers happening in line with the issue of mandatory gap plan. We will surely send you emails for any updates on Uber.
If I can help with anything else, please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment