Tuesday, July 7, 2015

What Happens when a LYFT Driver Drops Off at Long Beach Airport

In late June 2015 Lyft sent out a notice regarding restrictions at airports. Long Beach Airport was on the section of the list where drivers could not drop off or pick up. In other words, drivers may not enter the area with LYFT app in driver mode.

Yesterday I picked up a Carnival Cruise passenger and took them to the Avis office at Long Beach Airport. I did not think there would be a problem because Avis was nowhere near the terminal.

When I ended my ride I immediately got a notice from Lyft that took me to this warning page:



The Help Center link in the email shows Long Beach as Drop Offs OK and no pickups permitted.

https://www.lyft.com/drive/help/article/1796992?utm_medium=Email&utm_source=ExactTarget&utm_campaign=81972591


When I contacted LYFT after taking a look at the list I got a reply saying that Long Beach Airport drop offs were permitted. 



Hope they fix the app because after three violations they could terminate the driver.


No comments:

Post a Comment