Monday, September 28, 2015

Post of the week- a driver calls it quits




Saw this on one of the Uber/Lyft Facebook pages:

Well, fellow lyft/uber drivers it's been fun. I'm gonna call it quits with this gig. This was the final straw...they only paid me $50 for a puker. It cost me twice that for clean up fees. Best of luck to you all.

My response was, "If you hang out near nice hotels, train stations, and airports you improve your chances of not picking up drunks. At night if I get a request I usually call the pax to tell them I am on the way and if they sound drunk or rowdy, I cancel the ride."

Allow me to elaborate.

There is absolutely no contract stipulation with any of the TNC companies that force drivers to pick up drunks. Personally, I do not tolerate drunkenness around me, let alone in my car.

If you are going to drive professionally you can not risk ending a night if some drunken fool pukes in your car so just say "NO!" and let the cheap drunken fools puke in a Yellow cab. 

No comments:

Post a Comment