Friday, January 15, 2016

DoorDash - A simple way to bring up the income during rider slumps


Last year I signed up to drive for Sidecar. One of the services they provided was delivering meals and flowers for patrons of other on demand apps.

I noticed that people ordered meals during the times where less ride share patrons requested services for pick up. 

Sadly, Sidecar shut down operations on December 31, 2015.

I liked being able to make extra income during the rider slumps so 
I decided to drive for Doordash.

Doordash is an app that connects patrons with local restaurants and their meals can be delivered within an hour. 


Just like with Sidecar, I started Doordash to earn money during the times that Uber and Lyft requests went down. In the Long Beach area, that is between 1:30 and 5:00.

In January Uber announced a drop in rates and Doordash turned out to be a life saver. 

On a Thursday I committed myself to about 6 hours and managed to bring in a little over $80 by delivering meals.


Depending on area, Doordash pays $5 - $6 a delivery plus tips, which range between 15% to 20 % of the ticket price.

Doordash can be done with any vehicle, bike or even on foot. 

 https://www.doordash.com/dasher/apply/

No comments:

Post a Comment